Pet photography in Leicestershire
Because pets are family and we want to remember each stage.
Heartwarming dog photography
No rush, no pressure, no stress: enjoy your dog photoshoot indoors for puppies or outdoors with natural light. We’ll arrange our photoshoot after they’ve had a walk, giving them a chance to burn off some energy. If your dog can stay and lie down, and take poses, that’s great, otherwise they will need to be on a lead- I will show you how to hold it. We can even capture some dynamic running shots under the right conditions
Don’t forget to bring water, treats, toys, wipes, and ensure their eyes are visible. If you bring more than one dog, it’s best to have one human per dog.
Pet photography with all the family
Who is the first to greet you at the door? Let’s capture their love for you and yours for them in a pet photography session, which becomes particularly moving when our friends grow old.
If you want your pet to be included in your family photoshoot, we can shoot at your home or elsewhere, discuss their needs, your ideas, what to wear and more.
Pet photography is not just for dogs!
As a trained pet photographer, I capture the essence of your relationship with all your pets. Cats, fish, horses, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, sheep, mice, birds… you name, it, I take pet portraits of all kinds!
Each animal brings its own unique personality and needs to the session, requiring a tailored approach, whether it’s at home, in your garden, in a field at sunset or in a serene woodland setting. Let’s chat about your wishes and the perfect location for your pet photography session.
Pet photoshoot prices and tips
- Pet photography only is £125 for 5 photos. If part of a family photoshoot, you can have 50 photos for £275.
- Pets must remain safe and comfortable and as you know them best, I will follow your guidance as to what is possible and what isn’t.
- I shoot at eye level of your animal – so I am often lying down on my tummy- and use natural light only so I need the pet to remain still except in some running shots that need to be safely arranged, and repeated several times to get the best chance of a great photo.
- Except if you want it to be a feature, it is best to have the most discreet harness, leash etc so I can edit it out. I have a thin leash you can borrow.
- Please bring more treats than you think you’ll need, water, wipes, a selection of toys to keep it clean, entertained, compliant and happy.
Some pet photoshoots from my portfolio
Older Boxer at Beacon Hill
Spaniel puppy in fields and forest
12 year old Cockerpoo in Bradgate Park
What My Clients Say
"Alix took some delightful pictures of my sprocker, she was patient and thoughtful and I really recommend her work."
"We had a photoshoot with Alix for our dog, and they look amazing. She made him so calm and he can be a little temperamental at times with new people but she made him settle well. She also made us really calm with him being around New people but she was amazing, couldn’t recommend enough and the pictures came out fantastic. Thank you Alix"
I am a cat owner, animal lover and a professional pet photographer- I took additional training during lockdown since I couldn’t do family photoshoots. Find out more about me .