Family Photoshoot Leicester where nobody gets bored
No posing, no cheesy grin, no feeling awkward. Just fun family time, making memories for you, for them.
Each family photoshoot is different, depending on ages, personalities etc, but just to show you what it can be like, here is a little slideshow:
When you see the photos, you realise that she photographed not only the face but also the soul of the subject. Alix has documented fun, loving moments with my family to relive and share.
Alix asked me questions about the children, what they liked to do and helped select a shoot location that worked with our family. She helped with many other decisions ahead of the shoot. On the day of the shoot, she was so happy, friendly, creative and competent. We all had a nice time romping around with her. On the way home, my 7 and 9-year old girls both said that they had a fun time. On a photo shoot! That's saying something. The photos were lovely and captured the energy and spirit of our children. Thank you so much Alix
We had Alix for photos of our children, one of them being severely disabled. She was kind, calm and patient and got some great snaps of them together. Very quick at responding to enquiries making your wishes possible. Thank you Alix!
The children never got bored for a second as the session is so well paced and the activities so varied - in fact they really loved it and didn't want it to end! I would therefore definitely recommend doing a family photoshoot with Alix.
I have never felt very comfortable in front of a camera and never know what to do with myself, but this session allowed all of us to look very natural, as we were just playing together rather than posing, I completely forgot Alix was taking photos and instead, I just spent time having fun with my kids.
Alix did us proud for our beautiful autumnal photo shoot.Our boys were not happy about having their taken but we're delighted we were outdoors and playing games. They really enjoyed themselves and wanted to do it again. None of it was forced, they were all smiles of laughter and this clearly shows. Our photos are so natural, yet they are picture perfect, fit for publication. We have a beautiful family and we really feel Alix captured the fun and love we share.
It didn’t feel a photo shoot. It felt like an afternoon stroll in the park. The location you recommended was amazing. The girls loved playing in the gardens and were at ease with you. I felt that your service was superb, the photo quality was amazing and you were just as excited as we were to see the results of the photo shoot!
Alix is a wonderful photographer, she captures not just amazing pictures but the mood as well. She has taken a few family photos for us and they are always of high quality. The fact that Alix is a people person helps as well, she seems to really understand what kind of pictures people want. Highly recommend!!
ENSURING EVERYONE ENJOYS THE PHOTOSHOOT
No rush, no pressure, no stress. If a child- or an adult-don’t want to play, smile of look at the camera, they don’t have to. I bring games, ideas, surprises and follow the kids’ ideas too so everyone is happy. It’s a mix of suggestions and totally natural.
AT HOME, OUTDOORS, WE GO WHERE YOU WANT.
We go to your favourite location in Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire etc. We can mix at home and outdoors if you want.
Sisters, mum and daughter, grandparents, best friends, one person, 4 generations, big groups, small groups, portraits of everyone.
From laughter to cuddles and even tantrums: real families, real love
You know it’s true: you blink and they’ve grown up, 18 summers only, we miss them already. Photos capture the moment so you can recall their smell, giggles, shyness, daringness, their uniqueness that melts your heart.
- There is no limit of how many people can come. If you have a large party, we’ll do big groups, smaller ones- families, siblings, cousins… and natural shots too.
- You can bring different outfits, pets, props, have fun, involve the kids in what they want to do, bring, what kind of photos they’d like if they’re big enough.
- Photoshoots last between 1 and 2 hours, I don’t watch the clock. Mini-shoots too- except if it’s for headshots- so you have a good range of images to choose from.
- If it rains, we can rearrange. Or shoot in the rain, snow, it can be fun! You choose.
- Families with special needs are welcome.
- Yes you can go in the river- bring a towel and mosquito repellent- splash in puddles, climb trees, play football, frisbee, dance, do gymnastics, have a picnic, play music, have a race, play cards, whatever you like doing.
- If there are children, please bring snacks, drinks, favourite toys. If we go near water/mud, a change of clothes shoes might be useful.
- In terms of clothes, it’s best to avoid big images/writing that attract the eye away from your faces. Ideally you’d wear clothes that harmonise, so no uniform! but no clash. As if one person was going to wear all the clothes. Don’t fret about shoes, no need to be uncomfortable or risk sinking in the ground.
- If there are girls who like doing gymnastics, climbing trees etc, leggings, trousers, shorts might be good to have.
- The best light is 2 hours after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset. If it’s overcast it doesn’t matter. If it’s very sunny we’ll need shade.
- For very young babies, we can stay indoors- I’ll need as much natural light as possible.
- For maternity I can also do indoors photos with studio lighting.
If I’ve forgotten anything, don’t hesitate to ask.
Mini shoot: £125 for 5 photos. You can buy additional photos at £25 each or upgrade to all of them after the shoot for an additional £175.
Full photoshoot: £275 for over 50 photos, Usually a lot more than that.
Book 2 full photoshoots for £450.
Birth : £600
Albums from £180.
Beautiful maternity sessions around 8 months, indoors and/or outdoors so you get a variety of images. I also offer birth photography.
Babies from the day they’re born. There are no rules as to when to have photos, each age is amazing. We take photos of the baby and of your family to capture the love you share.
With families, big and small, we mix the groups you want with natural shots so the photos look like you. There are no limits of how many people and pets can come.
0776 3064 497
Maternity, birth and family photoshoots Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, Derby, Rutland and surrounding areas
We have had family photoshoots in the past and they have seemed like work. A lot of posing and fake smiling. This wasn’t like that. You captured our family in a dynamic and flattering way. The photos of the children capture their personalities but still convey the relationships between them.
When I look at these photos, I see relationships and energy and affection.