Family Photoshoot Leicester where nobody gets bored
No posing, no cheesy grin, no feeling awkward. Just fun family time, making memories for you, for them.
I have never felt very comfortable in front of a camera so I am usually the one taking photos.
I was afraid I wouldn’t know what to do with myself, but Alix’s approach allowed all of us to look very natural, as we were just playing together rather than posing! The children never got bored for a second as the session is so well paced and the activities so varied – in fact they really loved it and didn’t want it to end!
The photos are beautiful and I have printed many already, we now have whole family photos where I like myself!
ENSURING EVERYONE ENJOYS THE PHOTOSHOOT
No rush, no pressure, no stress. If a child- or an adult-don’t want to play, smile of look at the camera, they don’t have to. I bring games, ideas, surprises and follow the kids’ ideas too so everyone is happy. It’s a mix of suggestions and totally natural; a mix of group shots and individual portraits -including pets
From laughter to cuddles and even tantrums: real families, real love
You know it’s true: you blink and they’ve grown up, 18 summers only, we miss them already. Photos capture the moment and your relationship so you can recall their smell, giggles, shyness, daringness, their uniqueness that melts your heart.
In colour and black and white for that timeless feeling.
AT HOME, OUTDOORS, WE GO WHERE YOU WANT.
We go to your favourite location in Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire etc. We can mix at home and outdoors if you want.
Sisters, mum and daughter, grandparents, best friends, one person, 4 generations, big groups, small groups, portraits of everyone.
- There is no limit of how many people can come. If you have a large party, we’ll do big groups, smaller ones- families, siblings, cousins… and natural shots too.
- You can bring different outfits, pets, props, have fun, involve the kids in what they want to do, bring, what kind of photos they’d like if they’re big enough.
- Photoshoots last between 1 and 2 hours, I don’t watch the clock. Mini-shoots too- except if it’s for headshots- so you have a good range of images to choose from.
- If it rains, we can rearrange. Or shoot in the rain, snow, it can be fun! You choose.
- Families with special needs are welcome.
- Yes you can go in the river- bring a towel and mosquito repellent- splash in puddles, climb trees, play football, frisbee, dance, do gymnastics, have a picnic, play music, have a race, play cards, whatever you like doing.
- If there are children, please bring snacks, drinks, favourite toys. If we go near water/mud, a change of clothes shoes might be useful.
- In terms of clothes, it’s best to avoid big images/writing that attract the eye away from your faces. Ideally you’d wear clothes that harmonise, so no uniform! but no clash. As if one person was going to wear all the clothes. Don’t fret about shoes, no need to be uncomfortable or risk sinking in the ground.
- If there are girls who like doing gymnastics, climbing trees etc, leggings, trousers, shorts might be good to have.
- The best light is 2 hours after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset. If it’s overcast it doesn’t matter. If it’s very sunny we’ll need shade.
- For very young babies, we can stay indoors- I’ll need as much natural light as possible.
- For maternity I can also do indoors photos with studio lighting.
If I’ve forgotten anything, don’t hesitate to ask.
Mini shoot: £125 for 5 photos. You can buy additional photos at £25 each or upgrade to all of them after the shoot for an additional £175.
Full photoshoot: £275 for over 50 photos, Usually a lot more than that.
If you like a bargain, book 2 full photoshoots for £450 or three for £600.
Birth : £600
Lay flat hardback albums 26 pages ( you can have more pages if you wish)
Portrait or landscape: 21 by 28cm £90
Large landscape: 29 by 33 £130
Beautiful maternity sessions around 8 months, indoors and outdoors, alone and with partner/ kids, natural and artistic so you get a great variety of images. I also offer birth photography.
Babies from the day they’re born. There are no rules as to when to have photos, each age is amazing. Capture every change, every stage, get in the photo too so they have memories of you.
With families, big and small, we mix the groups you want with natural shots so the photos look like you. There are no limits of how many people and pets can come.
0776 3064 497
Maternity, birth and family photoshoots Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, Derby, Rutland and surrounding areas
We have had family photoshoots in the past and they have seemed like work. A lot of posing and fake smiling. This wasn’t like that. You captured our family in a dynamic and flattering way. The photos of the children capture their personalities but still convey the relationships between them.
When I look at these photos, I see relationships and energy and affection.